Go to VibrantHealthEvolution.com
Kaizen is a Japanese word meaning ‘good change’ or to ‘to become good through change’.
It is a philosophy that encourages small continuous change. The whole focus is to create change that is so fun and easy that we reprogram our brains. Then we can stop fearing new behavior and change. When you take small steps your brain will start removing obstacles and create new neuron connections. We can thus avoid going into a stress response, which will ultimately give us a lot more opportunity and possibility in life!
Kaizen gradually leads us into change, helping us establish new routines in small doses. Then we can expand on it later as the pattern turns into a habit! You will be amazed at how noticeable change enters your life and healthy habits become the norm. You will have broken free of your fear of failing without trying hard at all.
5 Kaizen pearls (check out Nicolas Carter’s book, Kaizen):
- HOW instead of WHY!!! – Let your problems be projects, let your challenges be opportunities, when you are down in the weeds plant a seed of intention that leads you to creating the life you love! Negativity causes us to go backward from where we want to be. Ask How can I do it, instead of thinking why it can’t be done. In fact you don’t even have to know How! Just set the intention, put it out there into the universe and look for the good! The universe will give us everything we ask for! Drop excuses and Take action!!!
- Drop Judgment, Perfection, and Pleasing! – These Saboteurs will stop our dreams from becoming a reality. Notice your judge, ask him or here to step aside for Deep Curiosity instead! Drop Perfection and just take action! You will learn and make adjustments as you go along. Pleasing – We want people to like us, we all want to love and be loved. And if you drop the pleasing and think of serving others instead you will find you take much better care of yourself and your needs. And you are much more likable moving from what you want not from what you think others want.
- Your true Potential gets Revealed only in times of Hardship!! – Everything is a gift, your life experiences are there to help you evolve into your highest level of consciousness. So in the hard times intend to be your best self, drop the pity or victim mindset. Dive into whatever is present with curiosity, love, patience, and learning. You will become a better person than before.
- Ask WHAT and WHY five times!!! – What do you really want? and WHY? What feelings do you want to experience? Why is it important to be healthy for you? What are your gifts to this world? Tapping into these answers on a deeper and deeper level is so key to any habit change. Our old behaviors will draw us back in and we need to be clear on why we want to be a better person, experience higher health, perform at our best, improve our relationships, etc.
- Go for Wisdom instead of Knowledge! – Wisdom is the ability to follow your own advise based on your own experiences, intuition and inner guidance. Feel into your own body, sit in silence and listen!!!! Drop the Ego, it gets us in lots of trouble, and do what is deeply best for you!
Examples of how to apply Kaizen to Habit Change:
- Want to have a daily meditation practice? Feel intimidating? Don’t have time? Start with 1 minute a day!!! That’s it!!!! Find a comfortable seat, breath, and take notice of whatever shows up in your body, mind and emotions from a non judgmental place.
- Want to Eat Better? Having a hard time giving up those cookies, alcohol, soda, caffeine? Just give it up one day a week. Or cut out one a day! Then congratulate yourself for the success. The next week go for 2 days!
- Exercise? Have you been meaning to get that in everyday and somehow it slips by? Do 1 minute every morning! No matter what. You commit and you just do it. It’s only 1 min. The next week do 2 min.!!! Maybe you start with a 90 sec workout like this: 30 sec push ups, 30 sec. sit ups, 30 sec. squats or squat jumps! Go for 3 min. the next week (1 min of each).
You get the picture!
Make it so EASY you can say No!!
Make it Fun!!!!
If you want to learn more about how to have:
10 Habits of Extremely Healthy and Happy People,
then check this out!
Here are some recipes for you from a recent dinner. Cooking healthy is fun!!!
Yummy Beet Tomato salad:
- Roasted beets diced – (bake in the oven covered at 400 F for 1 hour, the outside just peels right off)
- Tomatoes diced
- Basil – lots
- Cucumber diced
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sprouts are good in there too!
- Portobello mushrooms
- Vidalia onion
- Pumpkin seeds
- Teriaki sauce (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Coconut oil and ghee
Melt coconut oil and ghee (clarified butter – see video on how to make it here) in the frying pan, add onions and any spices you like (i often use curry spices like turmeric, ginger, cumin, and coriander) and of course salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms and carrots next for 5 min. and then add the brocoli. Teriaki is a big hit with kids as it has a nice sweet taste. It only takes a little. Add Pumpkin seeds at the end! Enjoy!!!
This is a delicious fermented form of soy that is a lot better for us than tofu. It is less processed and has more texture and flavor too.
Slice the tempe and put copious amounts of melted coconut oil and ghee on the tempe with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast (loaded with B vitamins and delicious). Get it at the health food store in bulk or in spice section.
Bake the Tempe at 400 F for 10 min. Then flip and bake 10 more min. Make sure it has enough oil not to dry out! Delicious!!!
Cook in microwave for 6 min wrapped in paper towel that is damp, or in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil for 45 min at 400 F with your beets.
Add melted coconut oil and ghee, salt and pepper and cinnamon!
Notice how I cook with the coconut oil and ghee (clarified butter)! These oils are so good and they do well with high heat. Olive oil should not be heated. It is good on salads, but it denatures with high heat.
Subtle to Physical
Subtle energy, like our thoughts and feelings, forms nueropathways in our brains. It’s like if you have a drip coming down on a mountain top. It rolls down, and over time forms a deeper and deeper groove. We repeat thoughts, experiences, and emotions over and over in life. They stay with us unless we shift them and create a new pathway. Often we need one that serves us better. And these subtle energies over time show up in our bodies. For me, I sense that my wrist injury has a lot of fear tied up in there, so the work I do is with that fear and with the subconscious. This is proving to be more helpful than surgery. Our emotions get stuck in the body, so healing the body means taking a look at our thoughts and feelings. What is the underlying belief, and how can I shift it?
Listen to what goes through your brain? Ask yourself these questions:
- Is it True?
- Is it Necessary?
- Is it Kind?
When we pass the thoughts through this filter it helps us shift away from fears and worries that are not even true. We can avoid saying things that don’t need to be said to ourselves or others. We can let go of the negative, unsupportive, self talk. We choose to Invite in KINDNESS! (Toward yourself and others.) This serves us so much better. Keep shifting over and over again throughout the day to self talk that is kind.
Does it serve us? Worrying is one of the most detrimental things we can do. It puts the body in a stress response. We experience the thing we are worrying about as if it already happen. So worrying about death is like dying twice (or over and over again)! Our brains do not know the difference between what we imagine or watch on tv and what is actually happening. So we get the rush of stress hormones. You may have heard the saying ‘Stress Kills’. Why? A constant overload of stress hormones causes our Cortisol to go up. Too much Cortisol can kill.
Alternately, try letting go of worry. Stay present in this moment. “Are you ok Now?” Take some deep breaths. Try adopting some of these beliefs instead:
- Lean back and Trust
- The universe has my back
- Everything is a gift
- The universe will provide the exact experience I need for the highest evolution of my consciousness
- Others will experience the exact experiences they need to best learn and grow
Check out this blog where I talk about how to shift from a Stress Respnse to a Relaxation Response!!!
Limiting beliefs are underlying beliefs set in our subconcious mind that determine how we react and percieve the world. They mostly develop in childhood to protect us somehow. In adulthood they limit us from being our best self!
So as you pay attention to your self talk, you will get some clues as to your underlying beliefs. Once you discover it, then take notice of what the TRIGGERS (person, place, emotion, event) are that bring it up? Then come up with a Higher Truth to replace it. We can rewire our brains. It works like this!
- Come up with the new Belief you want to instill
- Make it very similiar to the old belief as this is easiest to shift in the subconcious
- Repeat the new belief every morning and night for 60-90 days, and as often as you can through out the day
- Forgive!!! This is an importance piece of letting go of the old belief. Sit still and ask where in your heart you need to forgive.
- Let Go!
Here are some examples of how you may rewrite your beliefs:
- I am not good enough = I am absolutely good enough
- I am not capable = I am totally capable
- I don’t have enough time = I have the exact right amount of time
- I can’t do it = I can do it
- I am not loveable = I am absolutely loveable
- My body is not healing = My body is a powerful healing machine
You get the idea!
Check out this Guided Meditation on Shifting Limiting Beliefs to Higher Truths!
Victim vs. Accountability
First be aware of when you are blaming or when you are in the victim role. It is eay to do. And we get to have lots of drama, and maybe get lots of sympathy. We get to be right! It keeps us stuck though, and we give away our Power!
Try taking accountability for everything in your life. You have the power to create, change, and mold your own life. Here are some necessary steps:
- Recognize when you are in the victim role or blaming
- Know that this does not serve you well
- Recognize what you get out of being in this role
- Be willing to let go of that for more power and control of your life
- Pause and Breath so deep relaxing breaths from the belly
- Choose Accountability
Now is the time to take your health to the next level! You will love these habits that give you:
- more energy
- better sleep
- lower anxiety and less overwhelm
- ability to listen to and heal your body
- power maximize your potential!
- greater ease to improve relationships
If you haven’t tried smoothies, give it a go. They are delicious and packed with nutrients. Ingredients:
- frozen fruit
- acai juice
- omega oil
- pumpkin seeds
- thistle – How to harvest video!
- adzuki sprouts
- pea sprouts
- broccoli sprouts
- alfalfa sprouts
My two year old, Bodhi, loves them!
Our Habits determine who we are. So much of what we do is habit. Meaning not conscious but engrained in our survival brain. Yet it is possible to change our habits, rewire our brains, and step into our highest potential!
So make your habits support you into the most vibrant joyous future you can imagine!!!!
Here is a 3 part video series that I have made for you! Enjoy and please connect with me after and let me know what is on your mind!!!
First Video : This video guides you in Navigating where you are Now and where you want to be!
Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible! -Francis De Assisi
What is your current operating system? Overwhelm or Ease???
- Do you feel overwhelmed?
- Do you wake up feeling rushed and thinking of your to do list?
- Do you feel like you never have enough time?
- Does it seem hard to make changes?
- Do you feel anxious?
- Do you find it hard to sit still?
- Do you feel like you should always be doing something?
- Do you have little time to take care of yourself?
- Is it hard to sit down and eat?
- Are you worried, stressed, fearful, frustrated or angry often?
- Do you have low energy?
These may be some of the things you experience when you are operating from a stress response. You may also notice you body does this:
- Shoulders round forward and/or hunch up
- Chin is forward
- Heart is closed
- Face is tense
- Forehead is scrunched
- Body is slumped
So how do we do it? Anything that comes into our senses that does not get digested becomes poison. It gets stuck in our bodies. This includes thoughts, emotions, movies, books, all experiences. How do we experience the world? Through our senses. What we see, hear, touch, smell and taste is how we perceive the world.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS!!
- Notice what triggers you into a stress response. Be specific. The more you dial it in the better.
- Pause and take notice of your emotions. What is there? Allow it to exist. Where does it show up in your physical body? Be specific! Is it in your chest, gut, throat? What does it feel like? Focus feeling the intensity of it. Notice how when you give it space and really tune into the physical sensations does it get more intense or less.
- What we resist persist!! Make space to feel and digest the emotions. The only way past is to go through!
- Then take 3 breaths and move toward a more relaxed state.
- Choose your response instead of reacting!
- Listen to your self talk. Is it kind? Commit to being non-judgmental, compassionate and curious!
“I have a really busy day, I must meditate longer!” -Dalai Lama
Vibrant Health Evolution – Let’s do this!
When we have a lot going on our tendency may be to let self care go out the window. This will leave us depleted, isolated and unavailable. So your mindfulness skills are even more important when you have a lot going on!
- Take time each day to Sit in Silence. This is the best way to increase your awareness about what is going on in your brain, body, and spirit. From a non-judgmental place just take notice. We must first be aware of our patterns before we have a chance to change them.
- Eat Mindfully – take a few deep breaths to relax before eating, come to gratitude! Your body can not digest food from a stress response. The blood rushes to the extremities to fight or to run and not much blood can get to your belly! So relax, sit down, breath, enjoy, eat, and digest!
- To change a habit you must take a look at your belief system. Understand your Limiting Beliefs and shift them to a Higher Truth! For me, “I am not good enough” was a mostly hidden baseline of operation that I tried hard to avoid addressing. To shift it I changed it to, “I am absolutely good enough”. Then repeated this in my mind morning and night for months. The belief shifted in the subconscious so I am able to live into the Higher Truth.
We can totally shift our subconscious beliefs!!!
It so so worth doing!!! And in fact your life depends on it!
If we don’t then we continue to live out our limiting beliefs. Don’t worry though, Life will give you whatever experiences you need for the Highest Evolution of your Consciousness.
You will keep getting lesson thrown your way. Maybe they show up as injuries, problems in your body, or some big event! It is all there to teach us. So start learning now!
Check out my next program coming up called Higher Health!
We start with Easeful Living and then focus on adding Habits to help you get so in sync with nature. When in sync our body heals itself and moves toward thrive.
You will notice that when you are more calm, present, and less reactive that all areas of your life improve from relationships to work!
Put healthy habits into place and the future will take care of itself!!!
Now is the most important time!!!
Investing in You is the most important investment with the greatest return for you and others in your life.