Go to VibrantHealthEvolution.com
Subtle to Physical
Subtle energy, like our thoughts and feelings, forms nueropathways in our brains. It’s like if you have a drip coming down on a mountain top. It rolls down, and over time forms a deeper and deeper groove. We repeat thoughts, experiences, and emotions over and over in life. They stay with us unless we shift them and create a new pathway. Often we need one that serves us better. And these subtle energies over time show up in our bodies. For me, I sense that my wrist injury has a lot of fear tied up in there, so the work I do is with that fear and with the subconscious. This is proving to be more helpful than surgery. Our emotions get stuck in the body, so healing the body means taking a look at our thoughts and feelings. What is the underlying belief, and how can I shift it?
Listen to what goes through your brain? Ask yourself these questions:
- Is it True?
- Is it Necessary?
- Is it Kind?
When we pass the thoughts through this filter it helps us shift away from fears and worries that are not even true. We can avoid saying things that don’t need to be said to ourselves or others. We can let go of the negative, unsupportive, self talk. We choose to Invite in KINDNESS! (Toward yourself and others.) This serves us so much better. Keep shifting over and over again throughout the day to self talk that is kind.
Does it serve us? Worrying is one of the most detrimental things we can do. It puts the body in a stress response. We experience the thing we are worrying about as if it already happen. So worrying about death is like dying twice (or over and over again)! Our brains do not know the difference between what we imagine or watch on tv and what is actually happening. So we get the rush of stress hormones. You may have heard the saying ‘Stress Kills’. Why? A constant overload of stress hormones causes our Cortisol to go up. Too much Cortisol can kill.
Alternately, try letting go of worry. Stay present in this moment. “Are you ok Now?” Take some deep breaths. Try adopting some of these beliefs instead:
- Lean back and Trust
- The universe has my back
- Everything is a gift
- The universe will provide the exact experience I need for the highest evolution of my consciousness
- Others will experience the exact experiences they need to best learn and grow
Check out this blog where I talk about how to shift from a Stress Respnse to a Relaxation Response!!!
Limiting beliefs are underlying beliefs set in our subconcious mind that determine how we react and percieve the world. They mostly develop in childhood to protect us somehow. In adulthood they limit us from being our best self!
So as you pay attention to your self talk, you will get some clues as to your underlying beliefs. Once you discover it, then take notice of what the TRIGGERS (person, place, emotion, event) are that bring it up? Then come up with a Higher Truth to replace it. We can rewire our brains. It works like this!
- Come up with the new Belief you want to instill
- Make it very similiar to the old belief as this is easiest to shift in the subconcious
- Repeat the new belief every morning and night for 60-90 days, and as often as you can through out the day
- Forgive!!! This is an importance piece of letting go of the old belief. Sit still and ask where in your heart you need to forgive.
- Let Go!
Here are some examples of how you may rewrite your beliefs:
- I am not good enough = I am absolutely good enough
- I am not capable = I am totally capable
- I don’t have enough time = I have the exact right amount of time
- I can’t do it = I can do it
- I am not loveable = I am absolutely loveable
- My body is not healing = My body is a powerful healing machine
You get the idea!
Check out this Guided Meditation on Shifting Limiting Beliefs to Higher Truths!
Victim vs. Accountability
First be aware of when you are blaming or when you are in the victim role. It is eay to do. And we get to have lots of drama, and maybe get lots of sympathy. We get to be right! It keeps us stuck though, and we give away our Power!
Try taking accountability for everything in your life. You have the power to create, change, and mold your own life. Here are some necessary steps:
- Recognize when you are in the victim role or blaming
- Know that this does not serve you well
- Recognize what you get out of being in this role
- Be willing to let go of that for more power and control of your life
- Pause and Breath so deep relaxing breaths from the belly
- Choose Accountability
Now is the time to take your health to the next level! You will love these habits that give you:
- more energy
- better sleep
- lower anxiety and less overwhelm
- ability to listen to and heal your body
- power maximize your potential!
- greater ease to improve relationships
If you haven’t tried smoothies, give it a go. They are delicious and packed with nutrients. Ingredients:
- frozen fruit
- acai juice
- omega oil
- pumpkin seeds
- thistle – How to harvest video!
- adzuki sprouts
- pea sprouts
- broccoli sprouts
- alfalfa sprouts
My two year old, Bodhi, loves them!
Our Habits determine who we are. So much of what we do is habit. Meaning not conscious but engrained in our survival brain. Yet it is possible to change our habits, rewire our brains, and step into our highest potential!
So make your habits support you into the most vibrant joyous future you can imagine!!!!
Here is a 3 part video series that I have made for you! Enjoy and please connect with me after and let me know what is on your mind!!!
First Video : This video guides you in Navigating where you are Now and where you want to be!
Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible! -Francis De Assisi
Have you heard how good meditation is for you? It calms your central nervous system, balances out your brain waves, and allows you to come to a place of peace. It takes practice so get started now and you will be on your way to enlightenment. Here are a few tips to get started.
1. When: I enjoy an early morning practice. When you wake you are already pretty calm and you can go deeper and more easily into the meditation. Ideally going to bed at 9-10pm and waking at 5-6am is the best for maximum energy.
- Upon first waking before moving at all bring your mind and heart to a place of gratitude. Usually we go to our to do list or busy thinking. Going to gratitude first will set you up for a gracious day.
- Next scrap your tongue to get rid of the toxins. The tongue is a filter and eliminates toxins so scrapping those off is helpful. Then you can taste your food better too and deeply listen to what your body needs. Your tongue is a very advanced organ that is connected to your whole body. When you put something on your tongue, Your tongue will tell you whether it is good for you or not.
- Third, drink warm water up to 1.5 liters to fully eliminate. This also gets rid of toxins and leaves one felling light and clear. If we don’t flush our all the poop first thing then it gets stuck in the walls of the colon and you can reabsorb the toxins you are trying to get out.
- Sit down in a comfortable position to meditate. I like to do my meditation before exercise, but you can switch the order according to what works for you.
2. Getting comfortable: Find a quiet place. You can sit in a chair or on the floor. I sit on the floor on top of 2 pillows and then put a pillow under each knee. Use a blanket if it is chilly. Experiment and find out what feels best to you. If sitting in a chair sit with feet flat and hands resting on the legs.
3. How to from beginning to end:
A.) Get present: Take a few deep breath in through the nose and out through the mouth with the eyes open gazing forward. Then close your eyes and breath through your nose. Feel the weight of your body on the floor and the weight of your hands on your thighs. Do a body scan from head to toe and feel where you may be holding tension. Observe your mind from a non judgmental place. Just take notice of any thoughts like watching clouds move across the sky. Avoid trying to stop the thoughts. Just take notice. How do we learn about our minds, our beliefs, and our patterns? We sit and listen and feel.
B.) Cultivate Gratitude: Invite in a sense of gratitude for everything in your life. All you have experienced up to this point has made you who you are today so be grateful for all. Gratitude is the most healing emotion and it invites in opportunity for your dreams to become a reality.
C.) Choose your mantra to embody:
A mantra is words that have no meaning that you repeat to yourself. Hum Sa is a good one. Say Hum on the inhale, and Sa on the exhale. This helps keep you focused on relaxing and breathing.
You may also pick an attribute you want to feel and enhance in yourself. Such as: Love, Gratitude, Peace, Power, Motivation, Listening, etc. On an inhale say “Greatest”, and on the exhale your “Word”!! This works great for changing the nuero pathways in your brain. Our brain gets stuck in the same busy patterns over and over that often don’t serve us very well. If your mind is busy and distracted come back to this over and over. I do this when I wake and throughout the day when my mind gets going.
D.) Expand your Conciousness: We are spacious and expansive. Did you know that we are mostly space. In every cell there is mostly space. On an inhale draw into your own sense of light and power at your core. You are a unique expression of divine consciousness. You are a special gem in the web that connects us all. On an exhale expand out to every cell of your body felling a sense of well being spread through every cell. Repeat. Each time expand out further beyond your body to the room, house, neighborhood, country, world, solar system, and then beyond to all the other solar systems, and then beyond your imagination. We live on a blue and green planet that revolves around a big ball of fire that is nearly 100 times the size of earth. We have a room that circles us and pulls our oceans with its gravity. There are 200-300 estimated other galaxies out there. That means other suns and planets and moons. So become connected in the universe and feel expansive! Let this bring you a sense of peace, joy connectedness, and spaciousness.
E.) Closing: At the end of an exhale, take a stretch rounding your back forward like a cat stretches. If you are sitting on the floor place your finger tips spread wide on the floor and walk your hands away from you as you fold forward rounding your head toward the floor. This is especially potent first thing in the morning. Then sit back up slowly and take another few breaths (as many as you like) of complete calmness and centeredness. Bring your hands to your heart in gratitude. Take your hands to your third eye inviting your intuition to be strong today and bow your head toward your heart. Gently release and open your eyes.
4. Move gracefully and intentionally throughout your day.
You can come back to this calmness throughout the day by simply taking 3 deep breaths and feeling joy and gratitude. Do this whenever you feel tense or anxious and you will change the hormones rushing through your brain and body to a more healthy and helpful state.
There are some fun things available from the world wide web that I recommend too. One is an app called Headspace. It has 10 free 10 min meditations that lay out the mindset for meditation in an easy to learn way. Also Omharmonics on You tube has great 10-15 minute music for meditation that has the diurnal beats to balance your brain and help you go deeper.
After meditation: I do a morning workout next. Working out early in the morning boost your energy for the whole day! 20-30 minutes in enough. Go for a brisk walk or jog, do a demanding yoga practice, or a circuit training. Check out my post on morning routine here! Enjoy and let me know how it goes!!!
Would you like to have daily meditation practice for greater peace and ease in your life? Email me and let me know your health goals! I would love to have a deeper conversation!
What is your current operating system? Overwhelm or Ease???
- Do you feel overwhelmed?
- Do you wake up feeling rushed and thinking of your to do list?
- Do you feel like you never have enough time?
- Does it seem hard to make changes?
- Do you feel anxious?
- Do you find it hard to sit still?
- Do you feel like you should always be doing something?
- Do you have little time to take care of yourself?
- Is it hard to sit down and eat?
- Are you worried, stressed, fearful, frustrated or angry often?
- Do you have low energy?
These may be some of the things you experience when you are operating from a stress response. You may also notice you body does this:
- Shoulders round forward and/or hunch up
- Chin is forward
- Heart is closed
- Face is tense
- Forehead is scrunched
- Body is slumped
So how do we do it? Anything that comes into our senses that does not get digested becomes poison. It gets stuck in our bodies. This includes thoughts, emotions, movies, books, all experiences. How do we experience the world? Through our senses. What we see, hear, touch, smell and taste is how we perceive the world.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS!!
- Notice what triggers you into a stress response. Be specific. The more you dial it in the better.
- Pause and take notice of your emotions. What is there? Allow it to exist. Where does it show up in your physical body? Be specific! Is it in your chest, gut, throat? What does it feel like? Focus feeling the intensity of it. Notice how when you give it space and really tune into the physical sensations does it get more intense or less.
- What we resist persist!! Make space to feel and digest the emotions. The only way past is to go through!
- Then take 3 breaths and move toward a more relaxed state.
- Choose your response instead of reacting!
- Listen to your self talk. Is it kind? Commit to being non-judgmental, compassionate and curious!
“I have a really busy day, I must meditate longer!” -Dalai Lama
Vibrant Health Evolution – Let’s do this!
When we have a lot going on our tendency may be to let self care go out the window. This will leave us depleted, isolated and unavailable. So your mindfulness skills are even more important when you have a lot going on!
- Take time each day to Sit in Silence. This is the best way to increase your awareness about what is going on in your brain, body, and spirit. From a non-judgmental place just take notice. We must first be aware of our patterns before we have a chance to change them.
- Eat Mindfully – take a few deep breaths to relax before eating, come to gratitude! Your body can not digest food from a stress response. The blood rushes to the extremities to fight or to run and not much blood can get to your belly! So relax, sit down, breath, enjoy, eat, and digest!
- To change a habit you must take a look at your belief system. Understand your Limiting Beliefs and shift them to a Higher Truth! For me, “I am not good enough” was a mostly hidden baseline of operation that I tried hard to avoid addressing. To shift it I changed it to, “I am absolutely good enough”. Then repeated this in my mind morning and night for months. The belief shifted in the subconscious so I am able to live into the Higher Truth.
We can totally shift our subconscious beliefs!!!
It so so worth doing!!! And in fact your life depends on it!
If we don’t then we continue to live out our limiting beliefs. Don’t worry though, Life will give you whatever experiences you need for the Highest Evolution of your Consciousness.
You will keep getting lesson thrown your way. Maybe they show up as injuries, problems in your body, or some big event! It is all there to teach us. So start learning now!
Check out my next program coming up called Higher Health!
We start with Easeful Living and then focus on adding Habits to help you get so in sync with nature. When in sync our body heals itself and moves toward thrive.
You will notice that when you are more calm, present, and less reactive that all areas of your life improve from relationships to work!
Put healthy habits into place and the future will take care of itself!!!
Now is the most important time!!!
Investing in You is the most important investment with the greatest return for you and others in your life.
I call this practice, Big Heart Space:
When my son is crying and my shoulders round in, my heart begins to ache and I want to make it better. Then I remind myself to hold a big heart space for him. So I take a deep breath and I open my shoulders and I open my heart. I hold him tight and send him lots of love. I don’t try to fix it, I just allow space for him to have his experience and I hold a state of openness, calmness, peace and love. I open MY HEART in a BIG way! Then I give him a loving smile of compassion. So much better than caving in my shoulders, closing my heart and trying to fix it all. Enjoy this Big Heart Practice! It can work with anyone.
This is a mindfulness practice that brings me back to the present moment. The only moment we really have. I like to practice mindfulness as many times throughout the day as I can remember. When I find myself tense while doing dishes and thinking about what I would rather be doing, then I look out the window, take a deep breath, and try to relax and deeply enjoy the process. Same when cooking. I often get in a rush and I will feel tension in my mid back, drop things, bang myself, etc. These are all signs to me that I need to slow things way way down. A learning process that is well worth the journey.